Property for Sale ( search by Map )
This is one of our favorite search engines for homes in South West Florida. Whether you’re looking for golf, the water, boating, shopping or just plan retirement fun. It’s is a great place to start your search for your retirement house.
Real Estate buying has some basic rules that never change. Here are mine:
- You make money when you buy, not when you sell.
- Know how you are going to get out before you get in.
- You can do a million deals on which you make only a dollar of positive cash flow per month, but there is a limit to how many deals you can do when you lose a dollar a month.
- Look at your alternatives.
- Think of the worst case scenario that could happen with your real estate deal. If you can sleep with that in your head, the deal is ok.
- The deal will be there tomorrow. Sleep on it.
- Everything will cost more money and take more time than you plan for.
- Leverage is a beautiful thing. Use it.
- Cash is ALWAYS king.
- If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
- It’s not just about price.
- Location trumps price.
- Look at, feel, smell, touch, and visit your investment before you buy. Immerse yourself in it.
- Do it yourself. It’s your deal, not your agent’s, your accountant’s, or your builder’s. Only you are responsible for it’s success or failure.
- Buy fixable problems, not unfix-able ones.
- Know your right, or your project’s right, to succeed.
- On taxes – defer or convert.
- Don’t accept face value, dig deeper.
- If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
- If you wait for all your ducks to line up, you will never get in the water.
- Knowledge is power. Trade on it.
- Action beats inaction. Every time. (Nothing happens until someone does something).
- It’s not over until it’s over. (Negotiation never ends).
- My word is my contract.
- To not buy is sometimes the best thing to do.